Beautiful & Affordable Cabinet Refacing for Your North Dallas Home
If you are happy with the design and layout of your kitchen but dread the cost and inconvenience of a complete kitchen overhaul, then kitchen cabinet refacing is the perfect option for you. With cabinet refacing you can have the look you’ve always dreamed of and you can make your kitchen a true joy to work in by adding a variety of functional accessories.
What is cabinet refacing?
Cabinet refacing is a quick and painless way to give a great new look and feel to your existing cabinetry. We simply replace all the existing doors and drawer fronts with a door style, wood species and finish that you choose. Then we apply a matching refacing material to all exposed end panels and face frames of your existing cabinets.
Is cabinet refacing right for every kitchen?
Cabinet refacing is geared towards homeowners who want an updated look and desire to keep the current layout of their kitchen as it is. Cabinet refacing is a great option for those that already have beautiful granite or quartz countertops that they would like to keep. By keeping the existing stone countertops, a homeowner can realize significant cost savings while achieving a beautiful transformation.
What are the advantages of refacing?
- Installations for refacing cabinets take just days to complete
- We use your existing cabinets so there’s less mess and inconvenience
- Cabinet refacing is eco-friendly. You avoid adding unnecessary waste to your local landfill
- With cabinet refacing your kitchen remains usable during the installation process
- You can choose from an almost endless array of door styles and finish options
- Prompt and courteous installation experts handle all the details
- For many projects, cabinet refacing can offer considerable cost savings over a traditional kitchen remodel
General timeline for your kitchen remodeling project for cabinet refacing
The cabinet refacing process overall is a faster and simpler project to complete, generally with far fewer elements involved. However, larger or highly custom projects may take slightly longer than the estimated times provided here.
Design & Selections (1 to 2 weeks)
The first step on your journey to a beautifully refaced kitchen is your first meeting with your Kitchen Solvers designer. Either in-home, or in the showroom, materials and selections will be discussed and chosen and your designer will begin to engineer your cabinet refacing project.
- Initial design consultation: Initial cabinet measurements taken, selections discussed/decided.
- Engineer your kitchen: Based upon the measurements taken of your existing cabinetry, your kitchen designer will set to work engineering measurements for your new cabinet doors, refacing materials, end-panels, and moldings.
- Order materials: Once the engineering is completed, selections finalized, and everything is given another review for accuracy from your project manager, your materials will be put on order and your installation will be scheduled.
Project Planning (2 to 8 weeks)
While your new cabinet doors are being crafted, depending on the scope of your project you may have some minor electrical or plumbing work done prior to your installation. Any other upgrades being done can also be completed in the time between ordering materials and installation.
Cabinet Refacing (3 to 8 days)
The cabinet refacing process is about as painless as a kitchen transformation can get. As described above, the process leaves many items undisturbed in your kitchen and the length of the process will generally be determined by the size of your kitchen. The average refacing job takes just 4-5 days. Painless as the process may be, the transformation will leave you stunned as you fall in love with your space all over again.
Find out more about our cabinet refacing process…
Check out our photo gallery for more cabinet refacing examples.